1. Begin with a plain stepping stone and some paper to protect your surface
2. Spray the stone with an undercolor. In this example, Key Lime Pie
3. Apply spray adhesive to a paper doily, place it on the stone, and gently smooth it out
4. Apply a contrasting color over the doily; in this case, Green Apple
5. Slowly remove the doily while the paint is wet
6. Allow your stepping stone to dry over night
Follow the photo-link to find step-by-step images of this process.
See on www.founddesignatlanta.com